Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brisbane Flood Disaster 2011

I haven't run an update post to this Blog for a few years now, however, this unprecendented event in Brisbane has made me get back to the site and post this unfortunate update.

By now, many of you may have seen the devastation of flooding which has been experienced throughout the State of Queensland here in Australia. There are various sites, like the ABC, Yahoo7, NineMSN, Brisbane Times and the Courier Mail which all have pictures, video and information. Tragically, lives have been lost, and many homes destroyed. Right now, as I type, the Brisbane River tonight will hit a peak close to the 1974 flood levels, over 5 metres above the base waterline.

I personally have not been directly affected, however, I have many friends and colleagues who are. Many of the sites and icons I've posted about on this site are being directly affected. Whilst I know we as Queenslanders will respond and bounce back, it is easy to be dispirited by these events. With our heads held high, the recovery will be quickly started to get us back on track, and back to the great city we know and love.

If you can, please donate to the Queensland Flood Relief on the Queensland government website.

Cheers, I Love Brisbane, Wes.

No comments: