Friday, June 15, 2007

Elevat "at" 32

Elevat at 32 RestaurantHidden within every city, down a side street or lane, there will always be a local eatery, restaurant or take-away that doesn't seem to make it to any of the eating guides. One such place in Brisbane is Elevat@32. Located at 32 Burnett Lane, the restaurant serves simple Taiwanese food, but is always busy with mainly Asian clientele. They are open weekdays from 11:00am until 7:00pm, and later on Friday evenings.

The menu is distinctly Asian with a strong Thai influence. Most meals are served with either noodles or rice, and you can have chicken, pork, beef or vegetarian variations. Prices are excellent, ranging from a few dollars to generally no more than ten. They also have a variety of the pearl teas which are quite popular within the Asian communities here.

I was lucky enough to get introduced to this place by a colleague one lunchtime. Although the interior is nothing exotic, it is functional. The congestion at lunchtime to me is always a sign that they must be doing something right! I was glad I found it, however, I can't stress enough how little information there appears to be on the Internet about it. Perhaps if I could decipher the Asian characters I'd find more!

Cheers, I Love Brisbane, Wes.

Click Here for the Google Map Reference for this post.

1 comment:

Pollyanna said...

YUM! That sounds great. It's funny when little hole's in the wall places have the best food.